Diet-proof: Italian aubergine melanzane
Do you also long for a delicious Italian lasagna? Unfortunately, this is not always a wise choice if you follow a strict diet, as they often contain a lot of carbohydrates and fats. It's fine for a cheat day, of course, but we have come up with a nice variation recipe so as not to hinder your results. This Italian aubergine melanzane is very much like a lasagna, but without the excess calories and carbohydrates. Perfect if you want to enjoy something really tasty while still keeping your diet on point!
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Cut the aubergine into thin slices lengthwise. Cut the mozzarella and tomato into slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or grill pan and fry the aubergine slices on both sides until golden brown and almost done. Grease a small baking tray with a little olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the tray with aubergine. Place a layer of tomato on top and repeat. Then pour the tomato sauce on top. Cover the sauce with the mozzarella slices.
- Divide the grated Grana Padano over the mozzarella. Bake the melanzane in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with basil leaves and add salt / pepper to taste.