5 ways to use Whey Essential
Every health & fitness goal deserves the benefits of proper nutrition, which is why we’re opening the world of performance and lifestyle supplements to everyone. We've worked hard to develop Whey Essential, our most accessible, versatile and convenient protein powder yet. In our recent blog post — Everything about Whey Essential — we explained why this product isn’t ‘just another protein powder’. Now, let's dive into all the unique and surprising things you can do with it. From the classic protein shake to delicious protein bread and much more, we've got your sweet and savoury cravings covered with these easy recipes.
Mix it up in a smoothie bowl
Smoothie bowls are popular for more than one reason. They're super easy to prep, full of fruit and there are endless ways to vary them with other ingredients. By simply adding a scoop of Whey Essential to your mix, you'll get 18-21 grams of protein helping you to grow and maintain your muscles. Here's one of our favourite smoothie bowl recipes:
Ingredients for 1 smoothie bowl:
- 1 scoop of Whey Essential in your favourite flavour
- 200ml milk of choice
- 150g frozen berries
- Handful of fresh fruit
- 1 tbsp Omega Seed Mix
In a blender, mix the Whey Essential, milk and frozen fruits until smooth and pour into your favourite bowl. Next, it’s time to channel your inner Instagram personality and decorate the smoothie bowl with fresh fruits and the Omega Seed Mix. Or just throw your toppings on and enjoy your bowl as it is. It doesn't get much easier than that.
Use it for your cutting phase
If you're new to cutting (losing weight while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible), you can read up on it here. Basically, it’s all about boosting your protein intake without having to consume excess carbs and calories. If there's one thing Whey Essential is good at, it's delivering protein in a simple and convenient way. Just mix one scoop with 250ml of water and you'll have yourself a shake with up to 21 grams of protein. Plus, it’s low in sugar and only around 100 calories. For an extra low-calorie kick, try adding a shot of espresso to your morning shake.
Spice it up for your bulk
If you want to add some extra calories to your protein shake because you're in a bulking phase, there are tons of delicious ways to spice it up. This is what our favourite bulking ingredients can do for your shake:
- 1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter gives you an extra 125 calories. Whey Essential Banana is our top match for peanut butter. The flavours go together perfectly, just like peanut butter and jelly.
- A dollop of Whey Choco in your Whey Essential shake will instantly satisfy your chocolate cravings. Even though you might not be paying too much attention to macros when you're bulking, it's still nice to know that this spread is a source of protein and low in sugars.
- No less than a fifth of this Ground Coconut is made up of fibre. Not only a super easy way to add fibre and calories to your shake, but it will also give your shake a unique and tasty structure.
Give your pancakes a protein boost
Pancakes are great for breakfast, obviously. But don’t let anyone tell you that you can't have them for lunch, dinner or desert. You can vary with sweet or savoury toppings, although we do recommend choosing Whey Essential Natural if you don’t want a distinctly sweet flavour in your pancake batter, especially with savoury toppings like egg, ham and spinach.
Ingredients for two pancakes:
- 1 scoop of Whey Essential Vanilla
- 1 small, smashed banana, as ripe as possible
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Salt and cinnamon to taste
- Smart Cooking Spray
- Separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat the egg white until soft peaks form.
- Combine all other ingredients, including the egg yolk, in another bowl.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites into the mixture.
- Coat a frying pan with the Smart Cooking Spray on medium heat and bake your pancakes until golden brown.
Make bread from scratch
There's nothing like the smell of home-made bread. The thought of making bread from scratch can be intimidating, but we can assure you our protein pumpkin bread is pretty much fool proof. It's also nice to have a savoury protein recipe in your repertoire to alternate with the more common sweet recipes. You can of course opt for sweet or savoury toppings on your bread — or a mix of both.
Ingredients for one loaf of pumpkin protein bread:
- 300g frozen pumpkin cubes
- 40g raisins
- 3 eggs
- 125g Almond flour Organic
- 125g Oat Flakes Muesli Organic
- 5 tsp gingerbread spices
- 1 scoop Whey Essential Natural
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 40g Pumpkin seeds Organic
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Let the raisins soak in a bowl with warm water.
- Add the pumpkin cubes to a saucepan with a little bit of water. Put on low heat to thaw the pumpkin.
- Remove the pumpkin cubes from the pan and puree in a food processor.
- Put the Oat Flakes, almond flour, gingerbread spices, Whey Perfection, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix everything well with a whisk.
- Add the pumpkin puree and eggs to the oat-almond mixture. Whisk everything together.
- Drain the raisins and add them to the batter along with half of the pumpkin seeds.
- Pour the batter in the lined tin and top off with the other half of the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked in the middle.
Can you think of more ways to take your journey to the next level using Whey Essential? Share your recipes with us and our community on our socials and keep us posted on your progress. We can't wait to see you there. For now, let's dive into the kitchen and keep moving together!