Healthy cheat: celeriac fries
Do you want to enjoy delicious fries without feeling guilty? Then try this recipe that makes celeriac fries. It may sound a bit crazy, but it tastes really good. Celeriac is also super healthy and is packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber. Vitamin K in particular is abundant, which is known to improve the absorption of calcium in the bones.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper. Peel the celeriac and cut into strips so that they resemble French fries.
- Put a pan on the stove and let the celeriac strips cook briefly for 3 to 4 minutes. Then drain them and pat them dry with a clean tea towel.
- Put the celeriac in a bowl and spread the coconut oil, herbs, pepper and salt over it. Make sure all strips are well covered with oil and spices.
- Divide the strips over the baking tray. Bake the fries in the oven for about 30 minutes until crispy. Do not forget to turn them in between.
- Delicious with a yogurt dip, hummus or guacemole.
Tip! Make a nice yogurt dip with: 150 ml Greek yogurt, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tbsp parsley, pinch of salt and pepper. Deliciously fresh and creamy!