Chocolate Covered Vegan Smoothie Bowl
Sunny weather calls for a sunny recipe. We all know — and love — the smoothie bowl. Blended (frozen) fruits with protein powder makes a delicious breakfast, but if you ask us, it can sometimes lack a little something. Something crunchy, something bittersweet, something chocolatey... Give your smoothie bowl a touch of magic with a chocolate shell and start your day in the best possible way.
- In a blender, mix the protein powder, coconut drink and frozen fruit.
- Find a suitable bowl and poor your smoothie in it. Leave to set in the fridge.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Take your bowl out of the fridge. Gently pour the molten chocolate on top of the smoothie. Place the bowl back in the fridge for 5 minutes to let the chocolate shell harden.
- Take your bowl out of the fridge. Crack the chocolate shell with a hefty tap of a spoon and enjoy your smoothie bowl.
Tips & Tricks:
- For an extra-festive bowl, decorate your chocolate shell with fresh fruits, a mint twig, Body&Fit Pure Mixed Nuts, Cacao Nibs or Pure Cranberries. To ensure your toppings don't fly off when you crack your chocolate shell, sprinkle them on while the chocolate is still molten to set them in place.
- If you find it hard to create an even, thin layer of chocolate, freeze your smoothie upfront. A frozen, hard surface makes it easier to spread on the chocolate. You'll have to work fast though, as the low temperature will make your chocolate set faster. Remember to let your smoothie bowl come back to room temperature before eating it, or you won't be able to dig in.
- The ingredients of this recipe are all vegan, but you can easily replace the Vegan Perfection Special Series with our Body&Fit Whey Perfection if you prefer whey protein.
- If you're wondering why we don't use coconut oil for the chocolate shell in this recipe (like you may have seen others do), it's because our Smart Chocolate has a different formula than regular dark chocolate. It's also what makes ours low in sugar!