Who doesn't like donuts? Our team set to work to make a 100% guilt-free variation of this delicious treat. Mission accomplished! These Protein Donuts have a deliciously sweet taste and a crunchy layer of chocolate finished with a fresh touch of orange. Donut worry, be happy.
- Donut baking pan or donut maker
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the banana, egg and dates in the blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Put flour in a bowl along with the proteinpowder and baking powder. Stir the banana-date mixture into the flour. Add a few more vanilla drops if necessary.
- Grease a donut pan and divide the batter over the pan.
- Bake the donuts in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Check if they are done by putting a skewer in a donut. Does it come out clean? Then they are well done.
- Let the donuts cool on a rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain marie.
- Dip the donuts in the chocolate and top with the orange zest.
Tip! Don't have a donut baking pan? You can also make donut shapes with the batter by hand on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Keep in mind that the hole can become slightly smaller by baking, so don't make the hole too small.